Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Getting Closer....

I can't believe that baby girl will be making her big debut any day now! Went to the doctor on Wednesday and he said I was dilated to a two which is way further than I ever got on my own with Jett Taylor. I have been feeling more and more like things are drawing near from all the aches and pains and the really tired feeling that just started the last couple of days. I am really hoping she doesn't keep me guessing for another two weeks because my students are not at all appreciating such an irratible Mrs. Rollins. I also do not think I can handle any more of this anxiety about everything being in order at all times just in case! It's as if I know that any time could be THE time so my house must be perfect, my classroom in top order, our bags fully packed, and the right outfits to be worn by all. It is way over the top but that is what this pregnancy has done to me. I love having a house full and family and friends but until this baby gets out I would advise you stay away because there is a good chance I will have you mop up your footprints as you walk through my house. I know once baby arrives this will ease, it is simply that anxious feeling of a big upcoming event. 

I am very excited that this pregnancy wants to happen on its own and I get to experience each new phase without having to fast forward through it like pitocin makes it seem like. I want to have the whole experience because I plan on this being the last time I do this.

One thing I am starting to get curious about is the gender. The ultrasound said girl and that is what I have planned around, but for some reason everyone who doesn't know the gender has assumed it was a boy! From the first day school started back everyone that comes up to me asks if I'm having a boy; they either point out that I'm carrying it like a boy, its the time of year for boys, or a few simply showed up with boy gifts. If these are signs then he will have beautiful outfits and a lovely nursery to come home to. I am thinking about packing a boy outfit for the hosipital just in case.

Jett is so ready for sister, he asks frequently if sister is ready to come out of my belly yet. Yesterday we played with Reid and LilliAnn and he was full of excitement. He wanted to hold her, asked Missy if she had warm milk because babies drink warm milk, and he kept telling me that she wanted him everytime she would get fussy. He is going to be a great big brother and I think he is just as excited as us because he will have a playmate. Jett has asked if he gets to cut the cord and if the doctor is going to cut my belly open like Ka Ka did. He is WELL informed and his wonderful memory has him telling lots of people ALL about what is going to happen when sister gets here.

I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.....

No comments:

Post a Comment